Wednesday, November 23, 2016


So I have decided only to eat at Black-owned restaurants for the entire month of November. Except for water, I will not drink, eat, or spend a dime at any other restaurant, unless it is Black-owned.
This experience is a part of my paradigm shift that is currently happening in my life. I am learning how to love my Black people more because I had a deep-seated anger towards my race because of the various black foster care homes I've been in and how I felt let down by those of my kin.
During the month of November, I will take photos with either the owner(s), (if given a chance) or take pictures inside the restaurant, and of the food I ate.
As I continue to learn how to love my Black people and myself more, hope and happiness continues to permeate my mind, body, and soul; I am unearthing the real Demetrius.
First spot: BROOKLYN BLEND.
Big shout out to the owner Keishon!! Thank you, for blessing me with your food, positive energy, and for that good ole soul music. 






#WhichBlackOwnedRestaurantisnext

No comments:

Post a Comment